E-learning has been a great experience for me. I am a mother of four and very busy. The ease of being able to learn on my own time has been a great blessing to my family. This course did a great job in introducing many web based applications. I was able to become familiar with the many tools that are available to teachers. There is no greater way to learn then to learn by doing. This course allowed this each week. As the author stated the two phenomena that characterize e- learning are "1. functional architectures that employ various collaborative or interactive functional entities and components 2. technics that use technology designed or selected to reach learning outcomes." This course did a great job on the second component. I know I have become more comfortable with using web based applications.
Referring to the first idea stated by the author, the other course I have been taking required more group work. There was group discussion required each week via chat of some capacity and also a group presentation due at the end. This became very frustrating as you had to rely on other people who did not show up or contribute to the group. This was a frustrating aspect of e-learning for me.
I have started using Google Docs and find this tool extremely helpful with my current vocation. This is an excellent tool to keep everyone on the same page.
I also like using the concept mapping. As a teacher I use this tool alot. When student are able to see the connections between subjects this helps to bring them to an understanding that is deep. This goes along the line of "Ability to see connections between fields, ideas, and concepts is a core skill." The process of students either creating a map of a concept or working in a group or completing one that is started by a teacher, will help bring all the ideas presented together into a cohesive thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment